Saturday, February 12, 2011

House of Sleepovers;)

     So its Friday night and Katie-A and her kids, Mataya(8), Reuben(6), Naomi(4), and Kira(1) are all over for a sleepover. Jordan is out of town working so they came over to hang out. So FUN! We had perogies, sausage, and veggies for dinner. Then we watched "MEGAMIND." I give it 2 thumbs up! Hilarious, entertaining for all, and chalk full of surprises. Then Katie, Scott & I watched another movie and now its 1am....crazy! Its so nice to have them over.
    Tomorrow Scott is taking the older three kids snowboarding and I am going to get blinds for the basement. We've got to decide on the green for Sinead's room, paint the hills and put up the wall decals. We're getting closer!
     One thing I'm very sad about is that I just realized that my big reunion weekend with friends and family in Calgary in May is on Mother's Day weekend. So I could go and just fly home on Saturday night but then its a lot of effort and money for a super quick trip. Or we could celebrate mother's day the week before but the kids will be making their gifts for me at school the following week. The reality is I'll feel like a selfish mom if I'm not with my kids on Mother's day. I'm still debating but I'm sad!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way...about Mother's day I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're silly. Both of you. I'd say Aw Darn, Mother's Day. Then get over it because the kids would give me their stuff the day I got home.
    HOWEVER - It's money and a lot of arranging and... maybe we should just meet in NYC for a weekend instead?

    ReplyDelete